Friday, September 17, 2010

Class Reflection

     I am always anxious the first week of class, not knowing the new professor and not knowing how busy I would be.  I was somewhat annoyed not to have a text for this class, but I do see the benefit in not having a certain curriculum to follow, this week read chapter two and we will discuss.  No, for this class our discussions are ones that Professor Kruse directs us into.  We as a class do not need a textbook to tell us what science is.  Instead we have each other to learn from, we share our thoughts are ideas and our goals.  As a class, we have listened intently to our professor, maybe not alwys likeing what he is saying or understanding what he means, but somehow I am learning a different way.  I was hestitant on the technology stuff, but now I am ok with it and actually really enjoy reading what other people have to say.  I guess I needed that shove to jump into technology.  I feel that I am "Old School" through and through.  But so far, I have really enjoyed this class.  I have enjoyed the instructors and his thoughts and ideas make me think differently.  I like that, I really do.  My classmates are so bright and bring to class their opinions and understandings.  I love our discussions.  I love learning science this way and I think I will be a better teacher not only in science but in all my other content areas as well

No comments:

Post a Comment